Sign Up
Kind words for unkind days

I’m in Crisis, What do I do?

There’s nothing as scary as being in crisis. If you are feeling suicidal, experiencing thoughts of self-harm or are worried about your safety, please do reach out for help and support. Mental health problems often leaving us feeling like a burden, as though we’re helpless and worthless but we can absolutely assure you that you are not a burden, and that you are worthy and deserving of support. It might help to:

1. Talk to someone.

  • Sane Charity provide crisis support between 4.30pm and 10.30pm 365 days a year on 0300 304 7000.
  • The Samaritans provide 24 hour confidential emotional support. It is also free to call them and their number won’t appear on your telephone bill 116 123.
  • You can also call NHS 111 for 24 hour health advice and information on 111. Calls are free from landline and mobile phones.
  • If you can’t talk, IMAlive offer an online crisis intervention service.

2. Contact your Community Mental Health Team or Crisis Team. If you do not receive support from local mental health services, contact your GP.

3. Ask to be seen by the duty psychiatrist at your local A&E who will then be able to assess you and provide you with the appropriate help.

4. If don’t feel safe and are worried about an immediate risk of harm, please call 999 and ask for the police or ambulance service.

Outside the UK?

IMAlive‘s online crisis intervention service is accessible from anywhere in the world.
You can also find a list of International Crisis Helplines here.


Your donations mean we can continue our important work which not only changes lives, it saves them too – THANK YOU!

As Seen In

European Tax and Carriage Handling Costs

Please be aware that you may be liable for additional costs of handling or taxation of goods now that Blurt (UK based) are no longer part of the EU.

These costs are separate to our product and delivery costs and as such we have no control over them, please be sure before ordering from us that you are willing to comply with these EU payments.